Sunday, September 21, 2008

Taking back my house

I am sitting in the living room, enjoying a few minutes to myself during our busy Sunday.  Max is curled up on the rug in a patch of sunlight, fast asleep, looking very angelic.  Bee just went down for her nap and David is lying down for a few minutes.  

I am listening to the hum of the refrigerator (it's actually making a bit of a wheezing noise which makes me fear that it too is going to need to be replaced), the whir of the washing machine, and the whoosh of cars going down the street.  The construction workers across the street are, thankfully, not working today.

On my list for this afternoon:

--Dusting, vacuuming, and laundry
--Putting flannel sheets on our bed (the temperatures are definitely down in the 40s at night)
--Finding our Halloween decorations
--Putting together Bee's "Autumn shelf" in her play kitchen
--Sorting through Bee's clothing and pulling out pieces she has outgrown
--Making the meal plan for the week (I bought lots of vegetables at the market, now I need to decide what to do with them)
--Going for a family run
--Talking to my parents on iChat


No comments: