Sunday, September 14, 2008

Food weekend

I am having a few minutes by myself in the apartment. Max and I just got back from a family run. David and Bee (in her jogging stroller) are going one extra "fast" lap.  Max is the slowest runner in the family.  He likes to be pulled along by his leash like a fat toy boat.  

The apartment is sparkling and still after my nearly 2 hours of clean-up from this morning's Sunday brunch for eight.  

On the menu:
Baked egg casserole with vegetables
Skillet hash browns
Dimply plum cake (it looked beautiful but I think the cake part was a bit dry; recipe found here)
Pumpkin donuts (the recipe was from this month's Cuisine At Home; we were deep fried donut virgins until this morning and they were a revelation)
Blueberry muffins
Bread and cheese board (including a delicious rustic Camembert) 

Our friend Ana (one of Bee's favorite people) brought tomatoes stuffed with eggplant as well as a tray of sweets from a local bakery

There was plenty of food, to say the least!

No comments: